Millbrook Library now provides an inclusive online experience to help website visitors access barrier-free online content and services.
Website visitors are now able to access a wide range of accessibility and language support tools to customize their digital experience through Recite Me assistive technology.
Recite Me assistive technology provides support for those with disabilities or language barriers, making our website an inclusive environment where people can access information hassle-free.
1 in 4 people in the US has a disability that can prevent them from reading and understanding online content. Those who are most susceptible to access barriers are those who struggle with:
- Decreased vision
- Learning difficulties
- Language/linguistic problems
- Attention disorders
- Physical disabilities
How does Recite Me help me access this website?
Recite Me helps people access our website and customize the content in a way that works best for them. The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:·
- Read website text aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colors
- Customize background-color
- Magnify text
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
How to Access Recite Me Toolbar on a Desktop
You can open the Recite Me language and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the “Accessibility Tools / Español” link at the top of each page. This button now appears near the top of every page of our website.
How to Access Recite Me Toolbar on a Tablet or Smartphone
You can open the Recite Me language and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the “Accessibility Tools / Español” link at the bottom of the page under the “About” menu. This button now appears at the bottom of every page of our website.
Explore the Recite Me Toolbar
Below is a quick reference guide, or you can explore the full set of possibilities in the Recite Me User Guide.
- Back: Rewind to the previous paragraph of text.
- Play: Click the Play button to read the text aloud.
- Forward: Skip forward to the next paragraph of text.
- Decrease: This will decrease the text size.
- Font: You can change the font that displays on the page
- Increase: This will increase the text size
Color, Ruler, and Mask
- Color: Change the background, text, and link colors
- Ruler: Click to enable the reading ruler
- Screen Mask: Will create a letterbox for focused viewing of a section of the page
Dictionary, Translation, and Plain Text Mode
- Dictionary: Highlight and click on this to view the definition of the word
- Translation: Translate text into a different language
- Text Mode: Remove images to view content in plain text mode
Download Audio, Magnifier, Settings
- Download Audio: Highlight the text then click the button to download the text as an audio file
- Magnifier: Click and drag the magnifying glass to magnify text on the screen
- Settings: Adjust your Recite Me toolbar settings
- Reset: This will restore the default settings
- User Guide: This will give you an overview of the Recite Me Toolbar Features
Where can I find support for Recite Me?
In addition to the usage examples we’ve highlighted here, you can read the Recite Me User Guide or watch this video to learn about all of the different customization options and how to apply them when you read our website. If you have any questions about Recite Me you can contact Recite Me by email at email@example.com or call (571) 946-4068.