Updated Library Information
The Millbrook Library building is now open. Things look a little different, but we are very excited to open our doors once again. Here are some things you should know:
- The library has returned to the regular schedule of hours and days open.
- You MUST wear a mask the entire time you are in the library. If you have a medical condition that prohibits you from wearing a mask, we will do our best to provide you with alternate service.
- Curbside pickup will still be available by request. If you would like to pick up your items, please call the library to schedule a pickup time.
- All returns should go in our book drop. We will still be quarantining items for three days before checking them in.
- Computers will be available by appointment. You can reserve a computer for an hour or a half-hour session. To schedule an appointment, please call the library at 845-677-3611.
- We are not taking donations at this time.
- You will be able to come in to browse, check out items, use the computers by appointment, and make copies. The study areas will not be available at this time.
- We are limiting our children’s room to two families at a time to encourage social distancing.
- Please only use the Friendly Lane entrance. The Franklin Avenue entrance will be closed still.
Check out our online programs below or on our calendar!
All Millbrook residents with a library card now have access to Hoopla! Hoopla allows you to borrow ebooks, audiobooks, comics, music, TV shows and movies for free with your library card. All Millbrook residents get 6 borrows a month, and there are no waiting lists for high-demand titles.
Only 52.7% of households in the Town of Washington have self-responded to the 2020 Census.
The deadline to complete the census is October 5, 2020. The census helps determine government funding and representation for our community. Don’t forget to count children that are in your household!
If you need help completing the census, we are here for you! We have a dedicated laptop where you can respond to the census online, no library card required.
Or, you can complete the census online at 2020census.gov, or by calling 844-330-2020.