The mission of the Millbrook Library is to be a dynamic lifelong learning center that provides free and open access to ideas and information for our community.
Five Year Plan – Goals
2014 – 2018
Goal 1: Stabilize the Library’s financial position to ensure that it is capable of providing programs and services that respond to the needs of the community.
- Explore public funding resources to meet growing community needs for library services. Reinforce existing relationships with donors and seek to increase private donations.
- Strengthen fundraising efforts.
- Establish a Planned Giving Program.
Goal 2: Maintain the library’s role as a community anchor that provides lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Develop resources and programs for residents to explore topics of personal interest and encourage lifelong learning.
- Strengthen community and school partnerships.
- Remain aware of community trends in order to offer relevant programs and services.
- Regularly evaluate hours to meet changing community needs.
- Re-establish a Friends of the Library organization.
Goal 3: The library will understand its impact on the community and communicate that story effectively.
- Increase relevance and frequency of communication and design ways to receive community feedback.
- Keep the community informed about our services and the role of libraries.
- Create a recognizable identity for the library.
- Identify community members who do not regularly use the library, and seek ways to engage them.
Goal 4: Create a welcoming environment for all library users
- Optimize interior space to accommodate the different ways the community currently uses the library facility and resources, including quiet areas and gathering spaces.
- Enhance the Bennett College Community Room to make it more accessible.
- Establish a location within the library for teens to gather.
- Maintain a well-informed, diverse staff with the skills and resources they need to provide quality library experiences.
Goal 5: Balance the use of new technology tools with traditional library services.
- Stay abreast of current trends in technology to maintain digital literacy in the community.
- Provide professional development opportunities to empower staff to provide quality customer service that meets changing information needs.
- Provide vibrant, timely, relevant collections in multiple formats.