1901 – Founded by local citizens to serve community.
1904 – Chartered by New York State.
1908 – Building donated by Mrs. Richard Somers Hayes in memory of her husband.
1973 – Cary Wing added.
2002 – Non-Fiction Room and Children’s Room added.
2017 – Non-Fiction Room was renovated to add study rooms, and a Teen Room was added to the Children’s Room.
Interim Director: Thomas Finnigan
Youth Services: Joan Frenzel
Teen/Tween Services: Terry Konrath
Adult Programming: Diana Bontecou